The “Enobus” invites you to discover Rioja Alavesa
The 'Enobus' is back on the road from 26 November and invites people from Alava, Bizkaia and visitors to discover "a thousand and one journeys to remember" in Rioja Alavesa. The initial programme includes six departures from November to April from Bilbao and Vitoria-Gasteiz to discover the wineries, wine-bars, tourist resources, medieval villages and gastronomy of this region in the south of Alava.
The Regional Councillor for the Promotion of Employment, Trade and Tourism, Cristina González, and the President of the Rioja Alavesa Wine Route, Rosa García, have
president of the Rioja Alavesa Wine Route, Rosa García, have presented an initiative that was created with the aim of "maintaining the activity and dynamism" of the Rioja Alavesa tourism sector (wineries, restaurants, shops, etc.) during the winter months when the influx of travellers decreases.
Cristina González explained that "one of the cornerstones of our tourism strategy is the deseasonalisation of the sector so that the influx of visitors and overnight stays are spread more evenly throughout the year and this project contributes to this. The programmed departures are day trips, but we are considering including overnight trips in a second phase in order to broaden the offer and involve accommodation providers.
the offer and involve accommodations".
The president of the Rioja Alavesa Wine Route, Rosa García, stressed that the 'Enobus' offers the possibility of "enjoying wine tourism without complications, visiting some of the most unique places in Rioja Alavesa; getting to know wine cellars, museums or wineries with experts; and living unique experiences. Those who get on the Enobus will also enjoy, of course, our renowned wines and gastronomy".
Two stops, six exits
- 3rd December. Guided tour of Labastida, visit to the Gómez de Segura winery (Laguardia), visit to the Baigorri winery wine bar (Samaniego) and gastronomic menu/pintxos in Laguardia.
- 28th January. Guided tour of the Alto de Castejón Interpretation Centre (Navaridas), visit to the Lozano winery (Leza), visit to the wine bar of the Eguren-Ugarte winery (Páganos) and gastronomic menu/pintxos in Laguardia.
- 25th February. Guided tour of Elciego, visit to the Loli Casaso winery (Lapuebla de Labarca), visit to the wine bar of the Vila Real winery (Laguardia) and gastronomic menu/pintxos in Laguardia.
- 18th March. Guided tour of the Wine Museum (Laguardia), visit to the Pascual Berganzo winery (Samaniego), visit to the wine bar of the Pago de Larrea winery (Elciego) and gastronomic menu/pintxos in Laguardia.
- 1st April. Visit to the wineries El Fabulista (Laguardia) and García de Olano (Páganos), visit to the wine-bar of Bodegas Ostatu (Samaniego) and gastronomic menu/pintxos in Laguardia.
This varied programme aims to make each date "unique" and each trip "different". The departure points will, of course, be permanent: the 'Enobus' will leave Bilbao at nine o'clock in the morning (stop at Luis Briñas street, next to San Mamés), will stop and pick up passengers at 9.45 am in Vitoria-Gasteiz (stop at Avenida de Gasteiz, 19), and will return late in the afternoon after an intense and exciting day.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
We have the best quality tourism content and we deliver it to your inbox every fortnight.